Last review was about Google Stadia, now we are going to talk about GeForce NOW.
First of all, I have used GeForce NOW for 1 year (2018-2019) when I didn’t had a Gaming PC. I have been using it from the beta phase, and I know how was the application in Beta.
How is the application now, the good parts and the bad parts? Let’s see!
Why GeForce NOW is good?
- It’s free! You can play for 1 hour every game you want to play, then you need to enter the session again. But, you need to wait 5-10 minutes to enter. (if you don’t have a membership)
- More games supported than Stadia. Click here to see a list of the supported games. Popular games include: Fortnite, LoL, Cyberpunk 2077
- RTX ON if you have a membership. In my opinion, this is the best deal ever: €5,49/month to play what game do you want with RTX ON.
- A good price for what it offers. The list of supported games is quite large and you can also use RTX.
- The games are available on their original platforms. You don’t need to buy the games from GeForce NOW (unlike Google Stadia).
- It can also be used on Android and iOS (through Safari) same thing as Google Stadia.
Why GeForce NOW is bad?
- Banned by Rockstar Games. Games made by Rockstar Games like GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 are no longer allowed on GeForce NOW. They were allowed in the beta phase.
- Other companies that pulled their games from GeForce NOW: Activision Blizzard and Bethesda Softworks.
- Input lag. Of course, you can’t compare cloud gaming with gaming on your PC.
GeForce NOW Rig Specs
- CPU: Intel CC150 @ 3.50 GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GRID RTX T10-8 16GB GDDR6 384-bit
- RAM: 16 GB
- OS: Windows Server 2019
That being said, it’s up to YOU whether GeForce NOW is the gaming solution in the future!